I've been reading insightful, intelligent comments from "ginasf" in other people's blogs for quite some time, so I was delighted to see that Gina has started a blog of her own. The name Skip the Makeup is in reference to the way filmmakers, when making a documentary about a trans woman, inevitably show her putting on makeup. Gina is not afraid to take on issues or to shy away from controversy. In her own words, the blog's "primary focus is on cis-cultured media's assumptions and presentations of trans identities & lives." She's been writing only since February, so it's not hard to catch up on her excellent postings so far.
[Addendum: D'oh! It helps if I include a link, right?]
Electric Bills!
-
How many times have you heard that from candidates this election cycle,
promising to bring down your electric bill? But ask them this: “Why aren’t
you spea...
6 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment