Search This Blog

Monday, December 10, 2012

The fourth anniversary of Lucy Melford's debut


    "She made her public debut on 9 December 2008, in Brighton at the afternoon Clare Project Drop-in, and how nervous she was!"

    Long-term readers of blogs in our sphere will have followed Lucy's transition since that first outing. She's now enjoying her retirement, and with her medical transition behind her she continues to blog with a more general focus.

    In a recent piece she provides us with a typically frank assessment of her transition in terms of what she has gained and lost along the way.

    Read it here: The fourth anniversary of Lucy Melford's debut.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is the second time I've been honoured like this, my post on 9 October 2011 'Meeting the wife' also getting featured. Gosh, thank you.

    I agree that my focus is more general nowadays, but it's still unashamedly a trans blog. It isn't all over with the surgery. I don't think it ever will be. 'Ordinary life' is in any case full of things to write about.

    Lucy Melford

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only just started to investigate this world after absence for a time, and was quite surprised to find this and Lucy's post which I think is quite informative for people facing complicated decisions in their own lives.
    I commend you for the openness and frankness of how you've recounted your experience Lucy, I hope others might take something from it for themselves.

    ReplyDelete

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated