Search This Blog

Friday, November 20, 2015

Lives Guided By Fear: In Honor of the Transgender Day of Remembrance

Although I came to rightly realize that I was meant to be a woman, I did not allow myself to accept that I was transgender. Moreover, the way I physically transitioned allowed for me to reinforce this idea that being transgender wasn't good enough. That who I am is shameful and not something one should advertise. This caused me to constantly live in fear of being discovered.

Chloe has written a beautiful, and very different, blog for the Huff Post on the subject of the Transgender Day of Remembrance.  This post hit home with me and it may for you too.  Please take a moment to read Lives Guided By Fear: In Honor of the Transgender Day of Remembrance.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated