Search This Blog

Friday, July 29, 2016

Do you need to identify at all?

I have never been one for labels but seeing many discussions, and sometimes arguments, about the trans communities identity and place in the world has got me looking inward for the first time in ages. I have been blown away by how much joy and relief was oozing from my new found freedom that I had not really bothered to think what it all actually meant. It is a complex maze of definitions, language, privilege, acceptance and entitlement. To many of my readers who are not so informed on trans-speak there is an ever spiralling argument of what are we? Where do trans individuals fit into society and, more importantly, do we actually switch genders. What about all the trans people who do not identify as male or female? Can we claim to be a woman or a man?


20160706_193405 
This is a rather lengthy, but well thought out post, from Faith.  It's about identity.  How we identify ourselves and how others may identify us.  Do you need to identify at all?, is well worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated