Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2019

Ground Zero

I have a hard time visiting my in-laws because the state that they live in does not permit my wife to use the women’s bathroom because it does not correspond with the sex listed on her birth certificate. It is difficult for me to hold hands with my partner in public or to say the word “wife” constantly worrying what others will think. I am in fear.




For those who haven't read her blog, The Transgentle Wife's husband transitioned a few years ago.  She's so supportive and it just depresses me so much to see that - as if often the case - not only certain states and much of the public at large, but also some friends and family members shun both her and her former husband and now wife. She's strong and staying the course, with both feet planted on the "right" side.....Ground Zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated