Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Surviving Teen Life and Transition by Lauren S.

Being true to yourself is hard. No matter what your age, pressures to conform are enormous. In no part of our lives is this more true than the years 12 to 16 when we, our family and the rest of our social group are deciding who we will be for the rest of our lives.

Many who read this know that having the nerve to stand and say "I am not the person you have thought I was. Here is the real me." is the hardest thing there is in life.

Lauren introduces her blog very well;

"I'm just a fifteen year old girl at the threshold of the most important journey of my life, wanting to document my story so that someone else can benefit from my experiences."

Apart from any other consideration, her blog is well-written and interesting. She is documenting her story and her feelings so very well.

Welcome Lauren.

5 comments:

  1. Lauren welcome and good luck. You hvae more courage than I ever had. My wishes started at 12, but back then it was a lonely time, no net, you could not talk to anyone. Just one thing. Be proud of who you are. Never let anyone make you feel bad. You are a beautiful person and you deserve a full rich life.
    Huggs
    Diane

    ( tiffanybalzco@yahoo.com )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your strength of will and your level of self-awarness is humbling, Lauren - I wish I'd had half your courage at that age.

    You are a beautiful young woman, and I am very excited to follow your journey. I wish you all the best, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, I really love your blog. I'm not even sure how I stumbled into it, but now there are a lot more people who can read about your journey, and see what an intelligent, charming, and sweet girl you are. I wish you the best of luck, for all times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren,
    You seem to already have a good spirit to the process of transition. I'm positive that if you keep your hopes high and keep close to those who hold you close to their hearts, you'll be just fine.
    Take it from another Lauren (Okay, so most people know me as Lori around here ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren,
    You seem to have a positive spirit to the process of transition. I'm certain that you'll continue to do just fine if you hold dearly onto hope and keep close those friends who keep your heart close to them!
    Take it from another Lauren! (Okay, so I still go by Lori around these parts ;) )

    ReplyDelete

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated