I don't see me until I look in the mirror, and even then I only focus on
the feature I went to the mirror for. I don't look long and hard into
the reflection. I can't stand the image that looks back at me, the man
standing there when it should be a woman. When the mirror is absent, I
am a woman, albeit a woman who has to pretend to be a man during work
hours.
Oh, The perception of self. How well we can relate to those words. In your mind, you're a woman (or a man, if FtM). In the eyes of someone noticing you on the street, however, you may be perceived as a crossdresser, a transvestite, or just a man dressed as a woman (or a woman dressed as a man).
Beth ponders all of this in a short post from her blog, Right Brain,Wrong Body.
"Sanctuary State"
-
When Washington state refused Texas's subpoena for the records of trans
children and the records of women from Texas... it was to protect the
identities of...
20 minutes ago

No comments:
Post a Comment