Search This Blog

Thursday, February 22, 2018

Bathroom anxieties: a genderqueer janitor’s perspective

When I came out to the principal and assistant principal, one of the first and only questions they asked was about bathrooms.  Which bathrooms did I plan on using?  If she (the principal) could make a suggestion, it would be best if I only used the gender neutral bathrooms.  I was polite in response, even though I had not thought this through, and at the time, I used both the women’s bathrooms and the gender neutral bathrooms.  All I said was, “A lot of people are worried about bathrooms when it comes to trans-people.”


And, in the case of JQ, who happens to clean those bathrooms, there's even more to this story

I love this blog, by the way.  If you haven't checked it out, you should.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated