Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Ten Years Gone By

Renaissance. Originally posted Dec 21, 2008

Tonight I went to my first Renaissance meeting.

As you can guess, it isn't a bunch of people discussing Michealangelo. It's a group near me of T-gurls, etc who meet for support and good times. It is a national group, and I attended the Greater Philly group's meeting.

I arrived dressed in normal street clothes, and changed on site, scared as can be. I didn't bring any makeup. Well thats really because I don't have any yet but thats a minor detail. In any case, I wore a new white top and black skirt I recently bought, as well as the red wig from Femme Fever.



In Ten Years Gone By, Sophie writes about those ten years, dating back to her first trans group meeting, on December 21, 2008.  She also links to her re-posted My Space Blogs, which I had not seen on her site before.  It's always nice to go way, way back and read the early posts from one of our bloggers, so grab a cub, read the current post, and then browse those early posts from Sophie.  Many of you will relate to her early early years.  If you're short on time, read this one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated