Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Facial Feminization Surgery - Part 1: Legal Win!

The last few months have been a fight. My insurance initially denied my claim, meaning they refused to pay for my FFS. They said, despite letters from my doctors and therapists, that it was an entirely cosmetic procedure. Luckily, I had gone to a "Getting Insurance to Cover Your FFS" talk at last year's Philadelphia Transgender Wellness Conference. Otherwise I would have never even know that I could fight them. And fight them I did. It's been exhausting but I kept fighting. 

Well, Faith gave it away in the title.  She won!  Insurance will cover her FFS.  Read more in her latest post, which includes some fab photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated