Search This Blog

Thursday, June 20, 2019

So you still want that surgery?

Gender reassignment surgery, or whatever you want to call it, is certainly not touted by the professionals as an easy or straightforward procedure and it takes a lot of genuine effort on all sides to get to the point when surgery is offered. I have always felt that surgery promoters in the trans community can be very irresponsible in the way they suggest it is a solution to dysphoria and a panacea for lots of other life problems that trans people experience. This surgery is a serious deal. But the number of times it goes wrong is disturbing me. I no longer believe that I have unlucky friends but that there is a fundamental problem with the surgery itself.


I believe Sue's comments in this post refer to her friends who have had surgery in the UK.  I must say that I know many in the USA who have had male-to-female GCS and, although virtually all of them have had minor issues, all of those I know have come out OK, once past the period of healing, nerve regrowth, etc.  Nevertheless, if you're planning this surgery, it's good to read everything you can get your hands on, and that includes, So you still want that surgery?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated