Search This Blog

Saturday, July 4, 2020

A Review of a Transgender Book.

“It’s a myth that gender identity is formed for life within the first five years of life. While that might be true for many people, it is not a universal truth as my own life is a clear counter-example (and internet research tells me I’m not alone).” I can personally testified that Williams is right here. I did not fully identify as a woman until I was 59, and I defy anyone to say I am not trans enough or woman enough for that matter.

This featured post is a long one, so grab a cup of tea or coffee or whatever and enjoy this review from Stephie.  She includes many quotes (like the one at the top of this page) from the book, titled Trans-Gressive, A Transwoman on Gender, Feminism, and Politics, by Rachel Anne Williams.  Stephie gives the book six stars out of five.  I think she liked it!




2 comments:

  1. Thanks Calie for highlighting my latest post. I feel truly flattered to be select do such an honor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephie. I always like to find another good trans-related book. Nice post.

    Calie

    ReplyDelete

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated