Over on the right side of the T-Central home page is a section called Articles and Papers. I was doing a little house cleaning today and about half of the links in that section were broken. They're all fixed now. Most of the papers are still available, but the addresses had been changed.
When going through the links, I noticed So You Want to be a T-Girl. If you haven't read this article (it's really a book), you really should. It is brutally honest and tells it like it is. Here's the book's last sentence:
And the final thought: If you have or if you wish to attain stealth as a woman, then this entire
book boils down to one thought and one thought alone… you are and never were anything more than just
another one of the three billion women out there. If you have taken this road, or are intending to,
all you can ever hope to achieve after all your work, money, pain, loss, suffering, and effort, is at
the very best, a level playing field. That is all we are, and that is all you are… just another woman
out there mucking your way through life. No pot of gold, no Holy Grail, so special prize… just the
simple, honest, and very well earned goal of womanhood. Nothing more, and nothing less, awaits you.
I have never been able to determine who the author is. I first read it about 7 years ago. The links have changed over the years but, fortunately, it still exists. I really recommend this to anyone who is considering transitioning.
The picture associated with this post is from the blog, Walking in Two Worlds: A Trans Therapist's Journey, which is listed on T-Central.
If you know of an interesting link, article, paper, etc., that others would benefit from reading, please let me know.
The People - Personal Thoughts
-
TRANS HISTORY
-
*FRANCES THOMPSON (1840-1876)*
Former enslaved black trans woman and anti-raoe activist
One of five black women who testified before Congress about...
1 day ago
-
The BEST Idea
-
The Hannah McKnight Media conglomerate and empire continues to expand with
The Best Idea! Last month I interviewed The Twin Cities Paranormal Society
for w...
1 day ago
-
Feeling cagey…
-
Of course, the only people who know about my caged state are me and Miss
Rachel who was amongst the doom scrollers, but rightly with Her feet up
awaiting m...
1 week ago
-
Cara Mengatur Notifikasi HP agar Tidak Mengganggu Fokus
-
Pelajari cara mengatur notifikasi HP berdasarkan urgensi, jadwal, dan
aplikasi agar fokus bekerja tetap terjaga tanpa harus mematikan ponsel.
The post...
1 week ago
-
The Pale Lieutenant – Chapter 10
-
10: To Light You To Bed Palazzo District, Quadrant A-1, The New Metropolis.
Two weeks later… The wedding ceremony proved to be – as Cheeta as had more
or l...
1 week ago
-
Review: Storm Over Camelot: Book Three in the Morgan le Fay trilogy
-
[image: Storm Over Camelot: Book Three in the Morgan le Fay trilogy] Storm
Over Camelot: Book Three in the Morgan le Fay trilogy by Sophie Keetch
My rating:...
1 month ago
-
Your partner as an attack surface
-
When it comes to WordPress security, I employ numerous defense-in-depth
techniques. From a WAF to locking down WordPress core and keeping up to
date with...
2 months ago
-
How JK Rowling once again proved trans women are women
-
if that had been the bloke in shorts on the stage showing exactly the same
amount of inner thigh, with legs spread open instead of carefully crossed,
no su...
2 months ago
-
Update - HUD by July 29
-
*Now is the time to speak up. You can make a difference.*
Federal agencies are required to review and consider public comments before
finalizing a ...
2 months ago
-
About Turn Article
-
*The following is part of the campaign to support the High Court Appeal to
equalise the payments to all who had served and were forced to leave due to
th...
3 months ago
-
Changes in Passport Guidelines for Trans and Non-Binary American Citizens
-
If you needed to obtain or renew a passport after January 20, 2025, and
your gender identity is not traditional cis-gender male or female, you may
have exp...
11 months ago
-
scared.
-
I’ve been thinking about this blog since November of last year and whether
it was a good thing to keep up or not anymore. To say I’m scared right now,
woul...
1 year ago
-
I'm still here!
-
Excuse the swearing, but holy shit, 5 years!
So much has happened in that time, some of it awesome. Some of it
absolutely not. I have no idea who still ...
1 year ago
-
Out and about in my pretty sandals...
-
Out and about in my pretty sandals:
Mandy
2 years ago
-
Cynthia, Are you there?
-
I’m not gone, still here, just really busy. 2023 has been a really
interesting year for me. I’m not going to get into great detail but suffice
to say there...
2 years ago
-
As good a time as any
-
This might be as good a time as any to stop since the beginning of another
chapter of my life seems like a duly appropriate milestone. I can now say
with...
4 years ago
-
Intersectionality – Do you know what it is.
-
Do you know about this? Do you know how it fits in your life? I know right
now in the […]
4 years ago
-
-
Space Elevator
-
The white body I wear is mine, but ill-fitting and not me. A phantom body
that is also mine and is me rides within like a ghost, teasing my brain
with each...
4 years ago
-
Breasts are Awesome
-
A talk about my shiny new cheat assets. Breasts I'm talking about my
breasts.
4 years ago
-
One Year
-
Yes, I've been on a one year sort of hiatus. Nothing big happened but just
got wrapped up in things. Will try and post more and start up again. No
chang...
5 years ago
-
My Best Sex Ever Was With a Trans Woman
-
Why Being Intimate with Your Transgender Lover Could Be the Best Experience
of Your Life Sexual encounters can happen in different ways and between
people ...
6 years ago
-
Today’s dust bunnies
-
My newly discovered comfort zone has become a springboard. It reminds me of
attachment theory – a stable centre from which to venture. Each day a new,
mode...
6 years ago
-
Transitions: From My Heart to Yours
-
On this day, seven years ago my world changed. I learned a new word;
transgender became part of my vocabulary. Along with that I learned about
the differen...
6 years ago
-
Crossing the line in a blaze of glory
-
Recently I was reading some spiritual insight and advice in which there was
a sort of breakdown of the inception and progression of a sin from fleeting
tho...
6 years ago
-
Merry Christmas to all
-
Wishing you all a very merry Christmas. ❤️ ✌️ BY FOR NOW
6 years ago
-
New Beginnings
-
“Are you sure you don’t want to come along?” It’d been a few months since I
gave Pandora her tattoo, and now the small shop was completely flooded with
dre...
7 years ago
-
April 2019 - An update
-
We are third of the way into the year and only my second blog entry! That
tells a story in itself I suppose and basically means it has been quiet for
me. ...
7 years ago
-
Getting one's life back
-
Well, (counts...) nearly 5 months between posts is a record, even for
me. But as one might imagine, I've had other things on my mind. Surgical
recovery...
7 years ago
-
Risk to human rights after Brexit?
-
This recent article from the Guardian gave me some cause for thought
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/13/post-brexit-trade-partners-ask-uk-to-l...
7 years ago
-
I’m Devastated
-
⌈Trigger Warning; language, female body functions, eating disorder, self
harm, mention of suicide⌋ When I started testosterone my period stopped
instantly....
7 years ago
-
Makeup Removal
-
I have lost count of all the different things I have tried or used to
remove makeup quickly and efficiently. The past couple of years I have
been using ma...
7 years ago
-
GRS – 3 Surgeries and One Beautiful Nightmare (Part 1/3)
-
[Content warnings for graphic depictions of bodily functions, surgery,
suicide, mental illness, swearing] This isn’t an in-depth look into GRS,
just a stor...
7 years ago
-
Progress, slowly slowly.
-
So things seem now to be heading in a scary but ultimately more positive
direction for me at last. After a recent discussion with my wife she now
seems to ...
7 years ago
-
May You Find Peace
-
I have made peace with myself, and can no longer in good faith leave or
recommend the content I once posted here. Those writings were my best
desperate ho...
8 years ago
-
MAGA?
-
So far – as of 1/31/18 January 18, 2018: The Department of Health and Human
Services’ Office of Civil Rights opened a “Conscience and Religious Freedom
Div...
8 years ago
-
Flying solo in Las Vegas – Part I
-
I have had a great last 10 days. I have been on three wonderful outings in
which I did things that I have wanted to for a long time but never either
the c...
8 years ago
-
Stuff people say when hearing about someone coming out…
-
Whether they believe the things they say themselves is questionable, but
I think the majority of time people tend to jump to conclusions because
they’re ...
8 years ago
-
What's in a Name?
-
Many years ago, while the internet was still in its infancy, I started
looking to find out information from other transgender individuals. At that
time bul...
8 years ago
-
Wednesday November 15, 2017 - HIV Protection
-
Now There's An HIV Prevention App Specifically For Trans Women Each week,
LGBT HealthLink, a program of CenterLink, and researcher and blogger Corey
Prac...
8 years ago
-
The Familial Revelation
-
When it comes to family, I think we can all agree that it is never easy and
in a word, complicated. I have spent the last few months letting family
know ...
9 years ago
-
Not a good week
-
I've been angry, depressed and on the verge of tears most of the week. As
an older trans person, life can throw you some crap, especially these days
with ...
9 years ago
-
Stuck In The Middle Again
-
How to start? I said long ago when I made my choice to back our new
President that when he did things I felt were wrong I would call him out on
it. Today i...
9 years ago
-
Are You Going To The Women’s March?
-
For me, that is an easier question to answer than, “Are you a woman?” or
“What are you going as?” Yes. Donna and I will be going to the NYC Women’s
March o...
9 years ago
-
Dream Myself Awake
-
I don't usually wake up startled in the middle of the night, sit up in my
bed in the stillness of a dark room and wonder why my heart is racing and
my ski...
9 years ago
-
Ringing the changes part 2
-
So, my first post about how I changed my name with various organisations
was starting to get a bit long, so this is a continuation. The first can
be seen ...
9 years ago
-
Progress report: changes and measurements month 21
-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wb8kGWWGmt3HJpo_7PUiBviFdWlOzBoNlvJnJbSr2jE/edit?usp=sharing
Click on the tab ‘year 2’ for the data. Changes Boobs g...
10 years ago
-
Terrorism and the Violence of Otherness: Response to the Orlando Pulse
Massacre
-
TW: Orlando Massacre, violence * ** *** **** ***** In the early hours of
Sunday, June 12, 2016, just after last call, a gunman entered the Pulse
Nightclub ...
10 years ago
-
Thoughts on the Orlando shooting
-
There is something surreal, in moments like this, about being a privileged
member of an oppressed minority. I can breeze through airport security
with whi...
10 years ago
-
The First Mothers’ Day
-
If last year we celebrated the last Father’s Day, this year we introduced
the first Mothers’ Day. And yes, the apostrophe is in the right place. I
admit to...
10 years ago
-
A Sad Day in North Carolina
-
North Carolina is a strange State and a great State (most of the time).
Today, it is a sad State. I have many fond childhood memories of summers
there wh...
10 years ago
-
Back to the Stone Age.
-
I think the song is fitting, It is not mine, the opinions on this page are
mine. In posting this video, I am in no way saying that this group believes
as I...
10 years ago
-
Debunking Bathroom Myths
-
*Debunking Bathroom Myths*
Original article by *Brynn Tannehill *can be viewed *Here*
*When the Houston Equal Rights Ordinance was defeated, the ostens...
10 years ago
-
While I Am Away...
-
So....
I have been away...yup. Not news. Been busy. Plus, not much to write about
really, I've just submerged into 'normal' Nairobi life, with a few bumps ...
10 years ago
-
Coming soon
-
[image: Coming soon]
10 years ago
-
Stronger
-
So I think it is safe to say that Keira is getting stronger or at the very
least more prevalent. I’ve been getting more confident doing certain
things, I k...
11 years ago
-
5 months in
-
*Continued**, from April 5th 2015*
5 months since the hospital I still don't know much about it.
Dissociative Identity Disorder.
My amnesia isn't just ha...
11 years ago
-
Finishing therapy
-
I looked back to refer to other blog posts about the CBT I have been having
and found none, realising that I had not written anything about it since I
star...
11 years ago
-
Can you Rewrite History & Eliminate Hate?
-
I read about an attempt to remove another civil war memorial. I shook my
head. It’s obviously an over-reaction to the recent attacks on churches.
With tha...
11 years ago
-
My Friend Beth
-
A few weeks ago, I said that I wasn't going to be linking to trans-articles
unless something special occurred. There were so many stories that they
weren'...
11 years ago
-
Handbags & Glad Rags……….
-
I always feel a bit rotten about writing a new post when I have so many
posts from others to …
Continue reading →
11 years ago
-
Commenters and deep thoughts
-
I would like to start by apologizing for the long break between posts. A
little thing called life intervenes and my writing suffers. Family, health,
work, ...
11 years ago
-
Pigtails
-
Last night as I was hugging Kegan good night, I started playing with her
hair and realized her hair is at that almost long enough to put into a
super short...
12 years ago
-
-
*I think it is time to completely let my fears of letting those who know me
in my life, but may not know 'me' now because I did what I needed to do for
my ...
12 years ago
-
Vote for Sophia
-
I'm running in a mock election and I need your votes. You might be asking
why I need your vote, and *how in the heck did I wind up in politics?* Well,
my...
12 years ago
-
A Question
-
So, I've been doing this girl thing for a while now.
It's good, but there is some weirdness...
Has anyone else experienced this?
[Bumps into a doorjam, o...
12 years ago
-
Another new chapter
-
*or the next stop on the timeline...*
*Anyway, as some of you may remember, in a galaxy, far, far..wait, wrong
story.*
*I married my other half 13 years a...
12 years ago
-
I've finally finshed what I started.
-
It's been quite a while since I've written. Again, not because there was
nothing to say. On the contrary, there's been plenty going on. I have
been una...
12 years ago
-
Ether Radio
-
Last Tuesday I took the day off work to run errands. Around 8:30 in the
morning I was sitting in my boyfriend's car by a gas pump. Peter was
inside colle...
13 years ago
-
Transgender children: 3 British case studies
-
I was recently asked to speak at the NSPCC about the issues trans children
face. As part of my talk I read out three case studies, published below.
All nam...
13 years ago
-
A BLOG ON BLOGGER? OLDER POSTS FOUND BY LINK.
-
After a flat out hectic two months I am sitting here with no pressing
commitments except perhaps to try and cure this terrible cough and sore
throat. In th...
17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated
That final thought really sums it up. The bonus is finally not playing a false role but living unshackled and free...
ReplyDelete