Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Hello Suicide, My Old Friend, I've Come to Talk with You Again

I knew that when I decided to transition I was going to have to destroy my old life, but I had hoped to do that by replacing piece after piece gently with something better. Instead, I had the foundation ripped out from under me and I’ve been forced to watch everything that I once was collapse around me into a giant heap of rubble.

 

I thought long and hard about featuring this post, from Emma.  I try to be diverse in the kinds of posts I feature, and I think Halle and Jenny will agree with the posts they've featured in the past.  I try to stay away from the "down" posts, but his one needs to be read.

I have known several who have the dark thoughts Emma outlines in her post.  Most have survived and are now leading happy and productive lives.  In my heart I hope, and indeed know, this will also be the case for Emma.

 

Please note the first, heartfelt, comment to this post and do consider filing a comment yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated