Search This Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Wig, wig, wig, hair!

I grew out my hair in college, back in the mid-nineties. When I say I grew it out, I mean just that. I wore it long, all the way to the middle of my back, for almost ten years. I did chop it off once, around 2000, but I grew it back out. Long hair was just part of who I was. It felt right.




Growing it.....cutting it.....growing it.....cutting it.....eventually losing some of it.  For me, it was kind of like purging.  I'm guessing the same for Stefani.  Like me, Stefani still has her hair with the exception of a minor receding hair line.  Unlike me, Stefani doesn't have to wear it short in the corporate world.  

It's just a life story about hair, a subject that can be so emotional for any transwoman, from Stefani.

2 comments:

  1. This is a new side of Calie we did not know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coline, hair has always been an emotional issue with me. As far back as I can remember, I wanted long, flowing hair. My father would not let me wear it long. When I went away to the university, I would grow it out but always have to cut it before returning home. Now, in a corporate environment, I keep it fairly short. Fortunately, I have had little hair loss over the years.

      Delete

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated