Search This Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2016

How I learnt not to feel a fraud in calling myself a woman

At some level I am not a woman. I don’t have the body of a woman, I don’t share the life experiences of a woman. I have grown up with both the privilege accorded to an English male and without being ‘hassled’ in the way many women are.  My body is male, biologically I am male and always will be. And I am not unhappy about that. I can’t change that even if I wished so why fret over things I cannot change?  And truthfully I haven’t always known that I was ‘a woman’, transgender, trapped in the wrong body. I am not sure that I really experience dysphoria, at least not in the way I read that others do.


There's a lot in that paragraph, above, and Tony elaborates in,  How I learnt not to feel a fraud in calling myself a woman.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated