I am no prude but, being something of a beauty therapy novice, I
found lying on the treatment table, stark naked something of a novel
experience. One is seldom stark naked when having a procedure done and
this was unusual for me. Fortunately Phumeza is a real wiz with two
towels and by cleverly draping them here and there she made sure that my
modesty was mostly intact.
An excellent title to a nice post, from Daniella, about her experience taking "the plunge and getting lasered"
The tortoise and the hair is a helpful post for those who have not had the experience. Daniella tells the story well.
The People - Personal Thoughts
-
Spillage
-
Their hatred for us is so great that it is spilling out into other areas.
*Medicaid transgender care rule sets precedent that could restrict coverage
of ot...
9 hours ago
-
Sex Matters to Quakers on X
-
“Sex Matters to Quakers” are a hate group masquerading as Quakers. One of
their leading lights is Robbie Spence. My Friend met Robbie, and told me
after he...
1 day ago
-
What you should do … (reblog from 2016)
-
“What you should do …” is something we’ve probably heard at various times
throughout out lives. The phrase is usually followed by some suggestion
that, upo...
2 days ago
-
-
Children are better seen than heard; really?
-
When I was eight years old I went to my parents and said, hey, I think this
part of my arm is larger than the other side, while pointing towards my
left de...
5 days ago
-
On how to handle transphobic trolls online
-
*Some tips on how to handle transphobic haters in social media.*
Below you will find a snapshot of some comments from my blog's comment
inbox. There are ...
3 months ago
-
Trans children's suicides and the puberty-blocker ban.
-
Durkheim changed forever the way suicide was regarded. Previously suicide
had been regarded as primarily the result of something internal to the
individu...
6 months ago
-
Routine and a sense of normalcy
-
Transgender normalcy and a routine life.
8 months ago
-
ARC Review: The Greatest Superpower
-
I received a copy of The Greatest Superpower from the publisher via
Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. The Greatest Superpower by Alex
Sanchez is ...
1 year ago
-
Ponytail5
-
You might only see 4 as the 1st on is hidden. I am posting this now so I
can link it to reddit. I have to say since Stephie came four years ago, I
have bee...
3 years ago
-
Taking a Break
-
I have been writing for a long time. I even won an award for writing when I
wrote for World Wide Hippies. Unfortunately, I am not in a good place. I
lost m...
4 years ago
-
Love again.
-
She looked and could not find what her heart was missing. Forgetting what
it was like to touch another Gave up the search, thinking she is cursed
Disadvant...
4 years ago
-
What is “Hate Crime”?
-
You have a few options if you live in Fife and need to report a hate crime.
You can report the incident directly to Police Scotland at Police Scotland
Onli...
4 years ago
-
Farewell
-
I’ve been thinking hard about ending this blog and have decided it’s time.
When I first started this it was to leave testament of my coming out and
transit...
5 years ago
-
Why I Left Twitter
-
in January of this year I took the difficult decision to leave Twitter. It
was necessary for my own mental health. Having reflected now for a couple
of mon...
5 years ago
-
Not in my happy place . . .
-
As many of you have noticed, I’ve all but stopped writing my blog these
days. I guess I really ought to get around to formally saying “I’m done
with it”...
6 years ago
-
Thought for the day
-
To all my trans readers, if someone tries to break your butterfly wings,
fly away from them. If, despite your efforts they succeed, summon up all
your st...
6 years ago
-
Elie Wiesel’s The Night Trilogy
-
About a year ago, a friend of mine took me to the Amarillo Pubic Library,
where they had basement full of books they were giving away to members of
the lib...
6 years ago
-
The Quads of Hope
-
2020 has come. It arrived in the usual way on January 1 for most of the
world that follows the Gregorian calendar, some 13 days later in the Old
Style Ju...
6 years ago
-
New Year, Same Stef?
-
I know it’s a bit belated, but Happy New Year! It’s finally 2020 and all I
can say is where the hell did all the time go? Didn’t Y2K just happen? When
did ...
6 years ago
-
Bno
-
My suit case for the weekend was so big it was the only thing that would
fit in the boot. Mrs Sox's rather small case had to go on the back seat.
For weeke...
6 years ago
-
Transferring to a new Blog
-
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am forced to close down this blog
and open up a new one. Please visit my new blog, "Dotting I's and Crossing
T...
6 years ago
-
Perfect Scores Masking Critical Inadequacies and Failures in Trans Wellness
-
I had a routine follow-up visit with my surgeon earlier this week to assess
healing from my procedure 3 weeks ago. The good news is that the
discomfort is...
7 years ago
-
Afterword
-
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my blog. I’m sorry to
disappoint, but all content has now been archived. This blog was a way of
recording progr...
7 years ago
-
Risk to human rights after Brexit?
-
This recent article from the Guardian gave me some cause for thought
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/13/post-brexit-trade-partners-ask-uk-to-l...
7 years ago
-
Things That Make You Go Hymn
-
I am the worst sort of Lapsed Catholic. So I began 2018 with that sort of
mindset. And everything served up this year has only continued to push me
further...
7 years ago
-
Day 1,245: Moments Frozen in Time
-
I have to admit, we had a pretty good run here at So There’s That. 21
podcast episodes and 32 blog posts over the course of a year. And a little
bit of n...
8 years ago
-
25 October Journal
-
Well Folks, I am still working on my other post. I think it will be part of
the next book of my life, rather than the end of this one. I am closing
this bl...
8 years ago
-
With Purpose
-
The title of this post really highlights the way I’ve felt the last several
months and the experiences I’ve had the chance to take in. Since my last
updat...
9 years ago
-
And happily ever after...
-
Family snuggle timeI've retired from blogging. I've been channeling my
creative energy into other hobbies, and I'm feeling uninspired to write
about my wi...
9 years ago
-
Well…didn’t see this Coming.
-
The following posts were made to my male Facebook profile. I finally came
to terms with it enough to [ost it here. I was trying to let this [profile
remain...
9 years ago
-
We Need A “Standards of Care” for Detransitioners
-
One of my biggest takeaways from attending the recent USPATH conference is
that many clinicians and other providers sincerely want more information on
unde...
9 years ago
-
Yuletide greetings.
-
*Soon be nobody left now that Leonard Cohen is gone too... Someone else who
had to deal with depression and his music soothed my troubled soul. Just
sad to...
9 years ago
-
I am able to talk again
-
I am back on deck and I think more in control of myself than I have been
for quite some time. Will be making more additions to this blog as I go
along. The...
9 years ago
-
the thursday lunch run to Popik's Place - thur. sept 15th, 2016
-
me at the local hot dog stand last thur sept 15th called "Popiks Place" on
Terrill rd. in Scotch Plains NJ
Steve Popik sells only the best quality ...
9 years ago
-
This is goodbye (A happy one)
-
This is going to be my last post on It’s ok to be a glow stick. I am sad to
be saying goodbye but my life has changed dramatically and sadly, there is
no r...
10 years ago
-
These Recent Events
-
Hello, my amazing readers.
I don't have much to report personally, except to say that Natasha is
scared. She's not exactly letting it run her life. Because...
10 years ago
-
To be or not to be – gay?
-
After a nudge from my most patient follower, I thought I’d pen something I
have been thinking about posting for a while. Nicci has been on a long
journey a...
10 years ago
-
My 100th post…
-
This is my 100th post. I was hoping to make it a special one with a
description of another outing as Valerie, in my new modern “blending”
outfit. Unfortuna...
10 years ago
-
-
Not sure what to say..
-
I am not sure what to do, or what to say, depression is my only constant
“friend”, with me all the time, someone I hate, yet never hates me back.
Medical m...
10 years ago
-
17 Months on T Update
-
17 Months on T Next week marks 17 months on T, nearly one and a half
years. I cannot believe I have not posted any update for 5 months, time
just really h...
10 years ago
-
This Rain
-
Originally posted on chester maynes:
Abruptly, water gushes from the sky. I hear the storm drops too loud. Wind
creeps cold on my skin. Thunder slits these...
11 years ago
-
Coming out on Facebook.
-
I have a relatively small number of friends on facebook, I keep it that
way, I don’t add anyone I meet. Everyone on my friends list is actually my
friend o...
11 years ago
-
New Hair … :) Trying different looks :)
-
So the new wig arrived… and figured a day off would be fitting to try it on
🙂 Here are a few pics… Ya short and sweet post … 😛 Peace and Love!
Tamara 🙂
11 years ago
-
A New Christmas with family
-
As anyone can expect the end of the year can bring surprises and lots of
joy to one's heart and soul. This year is really an exception for Kay and
I, as w...
11 years ago
-
Xmas 2014
-
I thought I should drop a post in, and wish everyone a happy Xmas.
If you should be reading this, and you are a Pagan like my son, or any of
the non-christ...
11 years ago
-
July 18th 2014
-
I know I haven't posted in a long time, things have just gotten crazy
around here. We were finally able to get pregnant with our third, and
recently found...
12 years ago
-
Link to my daughter’s blog post
-
Here’s something my daughter posted today… Hexydezimal A fallen angel
returns. hexydezimal.wordpress.com Questions for the Transgender Community
Happy bela...
12 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated
No comments:
Post a Comment