Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Gender Dysphoria vs. Body Dysphora

.......recently I had an added incentive for wanting to write it. I had a telephone intake on 9/1/20 for bottom surgery. Initially the person conducting the intake, who is a transwoman herself, said having the surgery is not about if your trans enough. I was put a bit at ease, since, while things have moved on since earlier surgery approval processes, I was worried about having to present the standard story of I knew like for ever.

This may be an "opinion" piece, from Steph, but I enjoyed reading her justification on when and when not to use these terms.  It's easy reading and she makes a lot of sense.  I'm sure she would like to hear your opinion.
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Calie once again for highlighting my post. Easy reading? It is more intricate than usual.

    ReplyDelete

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated