Search This Blog

Friday, December 28, 2018

The Transition Roller Coaster

Once I realized I had to get out of that hole and get on with deciding to transition, it felt like a rocket ride up, up, up, until I hit the point of maximum expectations, where I thought everything was going to be great. I could do this! I could be myself! All! The! Time! It was going to be and was great!



Ever hear of the Gartner Hype Cycle?  I hadn't. I Googled it and found this:

Gartner Hype Cycle methodology gives you a view of how a technology or application will evolve over time, providing a sound source of insight to manage its deployment within the context of your specific business goals.  (https://www.gartner.com/en/research/methodologies/gartner-hype-cycle)

So what does this have to do with transitioning?  Heather makes the analogy in, The Transition Roller Coaster.  Now, it all makes sense!  I like this Heather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated