Search This Blog

Friday, August 9, 2019

"Is My Marriage Gay?"

Whether a marriage like mine is a same-sex marriage or some other kind is hardly the point. What matters is that my spouse and I love each other, and that our legal union has been a good thing — for us, for our children and for our community. 


While cleaning up some broken links in the Cobweb Corner section of T-Central, I came across Jennifer Finney Boylan's old blog, There From Here.  A lot of things have changed in the past 10 years and, as someone who is all about love and marriage, this post from 2009 caught my eye.  The original article was in the New York Times.  Oh, and yes, Jennifer and Deirdre are still happily married.  I wonder if she would notice if someone left a comment on a post that was written 10 years ago?

1 comment:

  1. A lot sure has changed in 10 years. Thanks for finding and posting this. Jenny Boylan has become a bit of a hero to me since I read her book "She's Not There" last year. I'm glad to be reminded that, if I didn't know I was trans before, I sure did after reading that. The "Aha!" moments were astounding. Though sibce I've only just begun HRT (almost 6 months!), I still long for the courage of Jenny and so many others, whether or not they've had surgeries. Living authentically has got to be the goal. And, as 10 years has shown us, now TS folks can marry without issue, for the most part. No matter how bad you think the country has gotten, at least that gain was attained.

    ReplyDelete

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated