Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Y does not necessarily equal M: On what intersex people can tell us about gender identity

“Most people assume that you’re biologically either a man or a woman, but it’s actually a lot more complex than that. There are so many ways somebody could be intersex. 
In my case, it means I was born with XY chromosomes, which you probably know as male chromosomes. And I was born with a vagina and balls inside my body. I don’t respond to testosterone, so during puberty, I grew breasts… I don’t actually have a uterus – I was born without one, so I don’t menstruate, I can’t have biological children…"


The quote, above from Emily Quinn, is included in this excellent post from Jack Molay.  Please grab a cub of coffee or tea, sit back, and take the time to read this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated