Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

David Bowie, 1947-2016

Yesterday, I was wondering if T-Central should feature a David Bowie post.  The decision was made this morning when I saw several Bowie posts from our bloggers.

If you scroll down the T-Central home page today, you'll see Bowie related posts from Lucy Melford, Paula's Place, Janitor Queer, Genderfork, and  A Woman Named Sophie

I probably missed a few, but there's a reason why Bowie was so endeared by, among others, the trans community.  When I was a confused teen, I knew that there was something different about me.  Hearing tunes like Walk on the Wild Side, by Lou Reed, and Lola, by the Kinks, certainly let me know that I wasn't alone in the world.  The song I liked best, however, was David Bowie's, Rebel Rebel, which reinforced with me the fact that there are indeed boys who wear dresses.

One more post I'll mention is my own Rebel Rebel feature from my old Calie's T-Tunes blog.

You've got your mother in a whirl 'cause she's
Not sure if you're a boy or a girl......


Rest in peace, David.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated