Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Woman trapped in a man’s body

Snakes 1“Woman trapped in a man’s body” is a line I hate, because it oversimplifies, and is wrong, and a line I love, because it explains. Here am I at 46 still finding aspects of myself I hardly dare call “feminine”, which I resent, so that the essential work of loving them is so difficult and time-consuming. I read the phrase, and think, well, that is OK, I am a woman- while parts of me still retort, no, I am a man, and wanting to dress female and use a female name is ridiculous.


It's Retro-Week, on T-Central. This post, dating back about 4 years, is from Clare.  She's discussing that phrase we've all heard too many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated