Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2015

Book Review - My Husband Betty


Lisa and I were together for nearly 20 years before she came to her own self-realization. And even once a trans person does discover their identity, the disapproval of society is so strong that they may be afraid to come out, believing (with good reason, unfortunately) that they may lose their family in doing so. 

The quote, above, is from another post from Adrienne, a cis lesbian married to a trans woman.  This post is a review of Helen Boyd's book, My Husband, Betty, the first trans-related book I ever read.  Although there have been many reviews of this book, this is the first review I've found, written by a woman who's husband is in transition from male to female.  It's a very well thought out review and worth reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated