Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2016

The Perception of Self

I don't see me until I look in the mirror, and even then I only focus on the feature I went to the mirror for. I don't look long and hard into the reflection. I can't stand the image that looks back at me, the man standing there when it should be a woman. When the mirror is absent, I am a woman, albeit a woman who has to pretend to be a man during work hours.

Oh, The perception of self.  How well we can relate to those words.  In your mind, you're a woman (or a man, if FtM).  In the eyes of someone noticing you on the street, however, you may be perceived as a crossdresser, a transvestite, or just a man dressed as a woman (or a woman dressed as a man).

Beth ponders all of this in a short post from her blog, Right Brain,Wrong Body.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated