One is to let myself be part of the mainstream of life, taking my place
as an accepted member of several interlinking circles of people, mostly
local, and very definitely real-life. It's a world of older women in the
main, of course - mostly women in their fifties or older, but with a
sprinkling of younger women too.
The lovely Lucy has one of the longest running blogs listed on T-Central. She transitioned years ago, yet still updates her blog frequently. Being different is really not a TG post but, as is the case with all of Lucy's posts, it's well written and, in many ways, relevant to us.
The People - Personal Thoughts
-
-
Blog Post #170! And a Special Event - Wow - 170 posts. And I had a wonderful experience to report on, too. One of the hardest things for a crossdresser to do is interact with cis women out i...1 week ago
-
-
The Pale Lieutenant – Chapter 6 - 6: Hanged For a Lamb While Cheeta was starting her return journey back along the white corridors Steerpike, to all appearances unperturbed by the atmospher...2 weeks ago
-
a beaver in the Kennet and Avon Canal - An early morning cruise; suddenly, I was aware of a large creature swimming alongside the boat. "A beaver? Surely not- must be a muntjac.... no! not...5 weeks ago
-
Serve, and be of service. - Over the course of the evening, reference was made to the many duties behind carried out. In reply, I said that I knew my place which drew some laughter in...1 month ago
-
Update - HUD by July 29 - *Now is the time to speak up. You can make a difference.* Federal agencies are required to review and consider public comments before finalizing a ...2 months ago
-
Getting on with life - As the world continues in turmoil and very few of us can even think of what is coming next, life has to go on, Trans people throughout the world are being ...6 months ago
-
MMXXVI - Happy happy happy happy New year! Fingers crossed all comes true for you or ar least it's peaceful. X8 months ago
-
I'm still here! - Excuse the swearing, but holy shit, 5 years! So much has happened in that time, some of it awesome. Some of it absolutely not. I have no idea who still ...1 year ago
-
Is my child’s life really worth less? - Afraid of losing federal funding in response to a threatening executive order released by the White House, a lot of hospitals treating children around the ...1 year ago
-
Finding Light in the Dark - Without a doubt, the times are dark right now. In a world that has gone mad with hate and bigotry, that is looking to devolve to a darker time in history...1 year ago
-
-
Intersectionality – Do you know what it is. - Do you know about this? Do you know how it fits in your life? I know right now in the […]4 years ago
-
Breasts are Awesome - A talk about my shiny new cheat assets. Breasts I'm talking about my breasts.4 years ago
-
(20) One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - 1975 - First of all, as I would suggest with all these movies, before reading this review, see the movie if you haven't. I can't talk about this one without spo...4 years ago
-
Whinge with mother - Mick Jagger and his merry men called them ‘Mothers little helpers’. Sadly, I am not a mother. Antidepressants I’m referring to. I have been popping these f...6 years ago
-
Burn Out and Checking Out Are Also Parts of Transition - So, I am about to turn 40. Not only is that a major milestone, it also means that my official transition started five years ago. And, back in 2015 when ...6 years ago
-
The best laid plans of mice and transwomen - It has been a while since my last blog entry and until recently I didn’t have anything really worth talking about, or at least nothing that I was motivated...6 years ago
-
-
Time to Upgrade - November 5th, 2010 - I began this blog. When I started out, I did what many bloggers do, I headed to Blogger.com. It is a nice friendly platform "back e...6 years ago
-
The Power of Music - It’s incredible to me how a song can really change your mood or spark an idea. I have this weird quirk where I often remember the first time I heard a son...6 years ago
-
Mouse Hunt - Still shaking off the rust: If you have delved at all into the first four or five years of posts here (and why haven't you?!), you know that my wife's re...7 years ago
-
Getting one's life back - Well, (counts...) nearly 5 months between posts is a record, even for me. But as one might imagine, I've had other things on my mind. Surgical recovery...7 years ago
-
Absolutely OUTstanding - It has been quite a while since I have posted anything on this blog. Five months, to be precise. Yet a few things have happened within the last week or s...7 years ago
-
May You Find Peace - I have made peace with myself, and can no longer in good faith leave or recommend the content I once posted here. Those writings were my best desperate ho...8 years ago
-
Stuff people say when hearing about someone coming out… - Whether they believe the things they say themselves is questionable, but I think the majority of time people tend to jump to conclusions because they’re ...8 years ago
-
The Familial Revelation - When it comes to family, I think we can all agree that it is never easy and in a word, complicated. I have spent the last few months letting family know ...9 years ago
-
-
That’s all folks………. - Between 1955 and 1959, 143 episodes of “The Adventures of Robin Hood” emerged from a tiny studio in Walton on Thames and burst onto black and white telli...9 years ago
-
Trans Twitter Gives Bad Dating Advice - Trans Twitter Gives Bad Dating Advice — “You have much gold upon your head,” They answer’d all together: “Buy from us with a golden curl.” — Christina Ro...9 years ago
-
Carpe diem, seize the day - At the funeral of one of our Transmatters friends two weeks ago I reflected how fortunate we are to have attended very few funerals, though as we - and fri...9 years ago
-
Dog People, Cat People, Nonbinary People (AKA The Draft For My Facebook Coming Out) - If you ask whether someone is a Dog Person or a Cat Person, most people don’t have to think twice. They’ll immediately reply with which pet they prefer, an...9 years ago
-
Are You Going To The Women’s March? - For me, that is an easier question to answer than, “Are you a woman?” or “What are you going as?” Yes. Donna and I will be going to the NYC Women’s March o...9 years ago
-
New Year, big changes. - *Happy **New** Year!* I begin the new year letting go of some important things. First up is the pseudonym I have used for years. ‘Haust’ is gone, ...9 years ago
-
Week 85:Top Surgery Update:The collage above starts at 8 days... - *Week 85:* *Top Surgery Update:* The collage above starts at 8 days post-op (image bottom left) and then clockwise shows my chest at 10 ...9 years ago
-
My response to a post by Tyler Charles Austen - Dear Mr Austen, On 26th August 2016, you made a post on your eponymous blog (that means you named it after yourself) called “I Can’t Believe I’m Saying Th...10 years ago
-
Second Contribution-Pre Dallas Trip - Hi again. I hope your day has gone nicely so far. After my creation of this blog early on Tuesday morning, I felt it best to dump a bit more crap on the ...10 years ago
-
Terrorism and the Violence of Otherness: Response to the Orlando Pulse Massacre - TW: Orlando Massacre, violence * ** *** **** ***** In the early hours of Sunday, June 12, 2016, just after last call, a gunman entered the Pulse Nightclub ...10 years ago
-
Thoughts on the Orlando shooting - There is something surreal, in moments like this, about being a privileged member of an oppressed minority. I can breeze through airport security with whi...10 years ago
-
The First Mothers’ Day - If last year we celebrated the last Father’s Day, this year we introduced the first Mothers’ Day. And yes, the apostrophe is in the right place. I admit to...10 years ago
-
Back to the Stone Age. - I think the song is fitting, It is not mine, the opinions on this page are mine. In posting this video, I am in no way saying that this group believes as I...10 years ago
-
hiatus - just wanted to let you all know that Will is doing fabulous in recovery (tracking everything diligently on @journeyintomanhood) and in England for his se...10 years ago
-
Caitlyn Jenner Speaks at Chicago House Event - Caitlyn Jenner Speaks at Chicago House Event: grvsmth: sometranslady: grvsmth: sometranslady: snowflakeespecial: This isn’t a funny story. Trying on y...10 years ago
-
Got A Little Beautified… - Not much here, but I went out for a bit of a day, treated by a couple of friends, and had my brows waxed and got my hair done. Here’s the results. I s...10 years ago
-
-
Stronger - So I think it is safe to say that Keira is getting stronger or at the very least more prevalent. I’ve been getting more confident doing certain things, I k...11 years ago
-
Stronger - So I think it is safe to say that Keira is getting stronger or at the very least more prevalent. I’ve been getting more confident doing certain things, I k...11 years ago
-
5 months in - *Continued**, from April 5th 2015* 5 months since the hospital I still don't know much about it. Dissociative Identity Disorder. My amnesia isn't just ha...11 years ago
-
The Biggest Changes Come in the Smallest Packages - I know my posts have been lacking for the past year but I have done a lot of soul-searching and cleanup around my home and in my life to prepare myself to ...11 years ago
-
-
My Friend Beth - A few weeks ago, I said that I wasn't going to be linking to trans-articles unless something special occurred. There were so many stories that they weren'...11 years ago
-
Motorhead Girls - Motorhead Girls ... we are girls who love cars, trucks, bikes, planes, and boats. Anything with a motor. Maybe we love some of them, maybe we love all of ...11 years ago
-
Dangerous Situation - ***** This post might be triggering ***** Something really scary happened last evening. I was standing outside with a friend (who is also homeless and we u...11 years ago
-
Pigtails - Last night as I was hugging Kegan good night, I started playing with her hair and realized her hair is at that almost long enough to put into a super short...12 years ago
-
She Returns - Gee, that was a long time coming, wasn't it? I managed to survive from February to July at the Good Samaritan House at Westgate. This is a Christian-run fa...12 years ago
-
The Maker of Noses - Like many of you, I enjoy music, and I look to it for inspiration and support. My taste in music is quite eclectic, ranging from hymns through jazz and roc...12 years ago
-
Tumor no more - On January 8, 2012 I was informed that the fight to live was over, I would not be getting my last Chemo treatment, all scans have no cancer traces in them ...12 years ago
-
Keepin’ On - When I was driving home from work this afternoon I started to think of this blog and its lack of updates. I think the general trend is that when I dress mo...12 years ago
-
It has been too long since last I blogged - Yes, I know, more than two years have gone by, and some of you may be wondering if all is well. YES! Everything remains wonderful. We've now been happily m...12 years ago
-
It's "her's" - I've been living as woman for two years now, two really good years. I was and still am one of the lucky few. I have gone through this transition without lo...12 years ago
-
Paula Deen Quote - “I feel like ‘embattled’ or ‘disgraced’ will always follow my name. It’s like that black football player who recently came out. He said, ‘I just want to...12 years ago
-
Ether Radio - Last Tuesday I took the day off work to run errands. Around 8:30 in the morning I was sitting in my boyfriend's car by a gas pump. Peter was inside colle...13 years ago
-
A BLOG ON BLOGGER? OLDER POSTS FOUND BY LINK. - After a flat out hectic two months I am sitting here with no pressing commitments except perhaps to try and cure this terrible cough and sore throat. In th...17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated
-
8 years ago
-
9 years ago
-
11 years ago
-
-
13 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
14 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
15 years ago
-
16 years ago
-
17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

No comments:
Post a Comment