Search This Blog

Saturday, July 27, 2019

‘Strange Solitude’

I flew home cross-country from New Jersey on the Saturday immediately following my father’s death on Wednesday night – family told me that I was not welcomed to be present at their home any longer. My father’s funeral home visitation was that Saturday – family told me that I was not welcomed to participate and greet visitors. My father’s funeral and Requiem Mass was that next day, the Sunday immediately following his death – family told me that I was not welcomed to attend Requiem Mass at their Catholic Church.



The author of this blog has led a very sad life, the result of an early transition from male to female back in the time when this was absolutely not accepted.  Her writing is compelling, yet very sad.  She really should write a book.  Read her latest post, but please read, Our Story Begins, first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated