Search This Blog

Friday, August 26, 2016

Self-acceptance

I’ve been thinking a lot recently about self-acceptance. In the previous post I described the mix of elation and fear I felt when stepping outside the house en femme, tracing the latter to my horror of being ‘read’ as a man in a dress rather than the stylish woman of my dreams. When I shared these thoughts in another forum, the response was that I was perhaps too hung up on passability; few trans women pass under all circumstances, I was reminded; the best hope is that if you accept yourself, others will accept you also.  





Do you see yourself looking like one of the models on the right?  If so, you're not alone.  In this post on self-acceptance, Dabrela contrasts the opinions of two different e-book authors....one non-transition and one post transition.  Both discuss gender dysphoria and the subject of passing.  Good stuff from Dabrela.

2 comments:

The People - Personal Thoughts

Cobweb Corner - Older Blogs, Not Recently Updated